what we have once enjoyed we can never lose. all that we love becomes a part of us.

-helen keller

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Good day(s)...



(warning: this ended up being a long post-continue if you dare)

Today was a good day. Despite the rain and a not very intriguing day at work-it started out with a whole lot of dancing. Yeah. Dancing. Jake could stop wiggling his bottom this morning. I don't know how a day that starts like that could possibly go wrong.




The other good day was last Saturday (I'm slow I know). My mom, sister Chanel and brother, Austin all came up to hang out with us for the day. We started with an early morning Easter egg hunt here in good ol Wellsville. Jake didn't get it at first but after he did he was finding candy like a champ.

















After that we decided it would be fun to take Jake to baby animal days. Boy did he have fun petting and holding baby goats, chicks, rabbits, lambs, and he really wanted to snuggle up to the pig and take a nap with him! (I of course left my camera in the car that was parked about a mile away-but I have a pic from story time a couple days earlier where Jake befriended a baby goat)


He also could hardly contain himself when he got to ride the pony. He thought that was the greatest thing ever. It was sooo cute! I think we need a pony.


After baby animal days we colored eggs-which was also very exciting for Jake. He was giddy to just put his finger on an egg that was being colored. I just love this age. Just about anything and everyting is soo entertaining and fun for this boy! Then we stuffed our faces with a yummy ham dinner and my mom's infamous augratin potatoes. Mmmmm. What a great day. We are so happy my fam came up to visit. We love having them here-it is so fun!


The next day was Easter-fun of course! We found baskets that the Easter bunny brought us and headed to a great day at church in our new Easter outfits. When we got home Daddy hid the eggs we colored so me and Jake could find them (so I still like to find eggs-shoot me!:))



Jake found the eggs like a seasoned pro. He was so proud of every single one he found. We spent the rest of the day eating too much candy and egg salad sandwiches and playing with our new toys!:)




We have had a lot of good days. Having this little guy around leaves little room for a glum day. Can I just freeze time please??!?

4 comments:

The Baldwin's said...

So fun Brooke, glad Jakie had a fun Easter and I'm so happy you celebrated with your fam. How are you feeling these days? Do we get to see a belly shot sometime :) Gotta love em'

Chelsie Sanders said...

You have such a cute little boy! I can't wait to see what your girl looks like! What are some names you are thinking of??

cambersue said...

Adam is a good-look'n fireman! I can't believe how big jakie is...oh, and those cookies look divine! love you tons!~

B. Surfer said...

Happy baby news! I can read the count down, but what does it mean? when are you due? And ditto to Camber: you're little dude is seriously one of the best lookin' kids on the planet.