wow. a whole year ago? what a sweet girl to call our own! as many ofyou have been asking, yes. we did. we actually had a good day on her birthday. don't get me wrong, plenty of tears were shed, but we have just felt her so strong the last little while. and how could that not be wonderful?? anyway, thanks again for all of her birthday wishes and (hopefully)i will be posting more deets and pics (soon).
we won't even get into it about how far behind on blogging i am. i figured since i posted something on facebook about our little project(i'm not much of an fb-er, worse than blogging) then the blog better adorn our little project! this is the e-mail i sent out and hopefully all of our bloggin buddies will join as well...
Dear family and friends,
We can’t believe it has been an entire year since we welcomed our beautiful Mia girl into this world. We also can’t believe how much simple joy she was able to bring with her in her precious 73 days.
We are writing you today for a favor. In Mia’s honor, we would love to see how much simple joy can be spread. If you would like to join us, we have 73 days starting today and ending November 21st to perform a simple act(s) of kindness. Whether that be opening a door or smiling for a stranger, reuniting or forgiving a long lost friend. Our hope is that at the end of the 73 days everyone who participates will have felt and spread a little more joy in our little corner of the world.
As you do these random acts of kindness, we ask that you write them down and send them to us. We hope to fill Mia’s Christmas stocking with the love and service you have spread. We plan to share them with you all this coming holiday season.
Please feel free to spread this to anyone and everyone you think will want to join, whether we know them, don't know them or if we just don't have their email. You can email, mail, or even call with any of the entries you have.
We love you all so much and know that this is just one more way that our Mia May can touch our lives.
Sincerely,
Adam, Brooke and Jakie
10 comments:
What a wonderful way of remebering Mia! You guys are so amazingly strong and I think this is such a great challenge for us all!
I was so happy to see you posted! :) Hope you guys are doing good! What a beautiful idea, we've been thinking about you guys, and look forward to this challenge!
Happy Birthday to little miss Mia May! I'm glad to hear you had a good day--I'm sure that made her smile! It was good to see you the other day. Thanks for the ride up to campus. You are the best!
So glad you guys had a great day on sweet little Mia's birthday, and you know I'm totally in on spreading some love for her, and I've forwarded it along as well, and so many people have responded and said they'd love to participate...so good job mommy brookie! love you all! xoxo
This is so inspiring. I'm so excited to take part in your project and thank you for inviting everyone to participate! I felt the Spirit so strongly while reading your post - I'm so grateful for people like you that do so much good in this world. What a beautiful way to honor your sweet baby girl.
Happy birthday Mia. You are one gorgeous, perfect little angel. You can count us in for your project. We'll get to work!! Love this idea :)
I just found your blog through a friend of a friend (you get the idea) and I have read through and my heart is broken for you. Through my sadness I feel such a powerful love and peace that flows from off the screen from the eyes of you and your sweet family. Your beautiful baby has impacted me and she will never ever be forgotten nor will her life stop impacting strangers and friends alike. Much much love from my little family to yours!!!!
Lindsey Thompson
Happy birthday sweet Mia! We love you.
I found your blog and I don't even know if you remember me but can I just say this entry (along with many of your others) just made me cry! You have such an amazing strength! The trials you and your family have had to go through is unimaginable and yet you have this beautiful outlook on life! Mia sounds like a very special baby that you were so lucky to care for and cherish for those 73 days. I would love to take part in what you are doing to celebrate her life! I think it's a fabulous idea!
Brooker! I need an update! Thanks for the soup recipe. My sister said it was a success!
Post a Comment