what we have once enjoyed we can never lose. all that we love becomes a part of us.

-helen keller

Friday, November 5, 2010

long time coming

we are here. we are well. i am fat.
pretty sure i have failed to mention on the blog that we are having a baby.
like in less than a month.
yeah. ps-huh? pretty sure that is not news to anyone that may even be reading this, but if not there you have it. oh and it's a girl!

absolutely terrifying, exciting, wondering, liberating then turned extremely sweet to find out we were pregnant.(yes, we were trying)
then we found out it was a girl.
absolutely terrifying, exciting, wondering, liberating then turned extremely sweet to find out we would have another girl right away.
(would i pretend she was mia? would i hold her longing for someone else? eghh-to even think it makes me feel like a horrible mommy-and i just typed it...)

we have come around and are incredibly grateful that we are being trusted
with another sweet spirit and can't wait to meet her (prob on dec 7th) and can't wait to watch her learn and grow.
and possibly get a glimpse of what her older sister would look like (we seem to produce carbon-copy babies)

speaking of her older sister, this time last year, we were enjoying her yummy presence snuggling, kissing and loving her. sigh. what a beautiful time.
little did we know her days and even hours at this point last year were
numbered...oh man i love her. and miss her.

thank you so much for all of you that have participated so far in our little
mia birthday challenge.
for anyone else that has performed a simple act or have yet to...you have a couple more days! is there a better season to spread a little
extra love? i think not. don't miss out on the fun! let us know what you did either in a comment or email them to me....brookieandadam at gmail dot com.

what is a post without a pic? don't worry this is an older picture, so it is a decent temp out. but i still didn't allow it, he is justfast out the door. isn't he awesome though?



quite the busy guy, but man do we like him. such a good guy to have around, my best
buddy in fact. but if you ask him, he'd prob say his dad is his best buddy:(

10 comments:

Brady & Ashley said...

Yay! Congratulations! So excited for you guys!

serra said...

I've been meaning to email you for quite a while about the mia challenge.... thinking of you this week, especially this coming sunday.

Travis, Susie; Hunter and Gracie said...

Brooke- Yay! Congratulations. You are such an amazing girl!!! I can't believe how unbelievably cute your little Jake is. All of your cute pictures of him, make me smile. :)

p.s. December 7th is a AWESOME day for a birthday (hehe. . . it happens to be my bday too) ;)

KO and SJ said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you. I wish you lived close to me. Will you let me know if you are ever this way? Love you and I will be thinking of you and your family :)

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Brooke, I love reading your blog. You really have a way with words! Please keep posting! I wish you lived closer! Miss you!

Kara Simmons. said...

Hi Brooke! It's so good to hear from you. I had no idea you guys were expecting again! That is so exciting. I am so glad you got in contact with Natalie! I would love to see the pictures she took of your family. She is incredible. I am glad you guys have been able to talk to each other.
I would be honored to take pictures of your little girl! You just let me know the time and place. I like to do the photo session within the first ten days they are born. That way they are super sleepy still and have less time to get baby acne. During the middle of the day is best for light indoors. The only days I can't would be Tuesdays and Thursdays during the week.
You will get at least 25-35 full resolution edited images on a picture CD. All the pictures come in color and black and white. The picture Cd is yours to keep and you have my rights to get the pictures printed wherever you wish!
Please have this photo session be on me. It's the least I could do after all you guys have gone through and I would just love to see your new little miracle baby!
You still live in Logan right? I have no problems driving up there either. Just let me know!
Thanks Brooke!

Kara Simmons. said...

The 15th would work for me! Let's plan on that date unless baby girl decides to arrive early. And don't worry about it being close to Christmas season! Photography sessions have really slowed down because it's winter now so I really won't be that busy. Plus I have a ton of my shopping done already which never happens to me! I'm very proud of myself.

I don't want you guys to have to travel with a newborn and a toddler unless you have to! I would really have no problem going up to your house if traveling would be too hard on you guys. All I need is a bright room in the house and we will be set. I bring a lot of blankets and setting for the newborn, but if you have anything you want or any ideas you have that you want to do, please tell me! I love it when we are able to add in a the baby's quilt blanket and stuff like that. And did you want some of Jake and the baby girl together too? I always get some with the siblings when doing newborn sessions if they have older siblings. If you and your hubby would like a few pictures too that would be great. Just whatever you guys are comfortable with and what you want!

And again, please just let this photo session be on me! I really would like to do this for you guys!

Just let me know if you have any more questions or anything!

Thanks Brooke!

P.S. Here is my cell in case you need to reach my quickly!
801-828-7066

Alycia said...

Yay! I'm happy you updated your blog. Can't wait to meet that little one!

B. Surfer said...

HI! You're yearly blogstalker just saying hi... wow! Congrats on the new baby! I'm sure you're not fat. Happy Holidays! Stay Warm with that new baby!

The Wright Family said...

Seriously you posted this 4 weeks ago and I'm just now reading it?!! I check my blog almost daily for people's new posts and somehow I missed this one for 4 weeeks?? I'm so mad at myself! JD got a text from Adam telling us news of a baby girl....what baby girl?? Oh my GOSH I was sort of freaking out. I hadn't heard any preggo news from you guys - and it seems like you were just barely here, so there's no way it's YOUR baby....but YES, I'm sooo happy for you guys! Your pregnancy went by so fast for me! :) Can't wait to hear the details...and see a sweet baby face! :) Love you guys, hope all is going well!! CONGRATS!