what we have once enjoyed we can never lose. all that we love becomes a part of us.

-helen keller

Monday, July 6, 2009

A Couple Things....


have happened in the last little while and I actually brought my camera for some of them! First of all, my hunny is officially a fireman! He graduated last Friday and has since been on his very first real shift.




We are so very proud of him. and are so grateful that he has been so willing to work so hard for us! Here he is with Captain Hancock.

All of his hard work has already paid off, because he has four days in between his firefighting shifts-and that means we get to play! (when the timbers are done, of course.)

Also, Chanel (my sis) and I are no longer prego together.....

Her and her hubby Nick introduced the beautiful little Carson Loni to the world on June 28th!

She was a healthy 8 lbs 13 oz....

Isn't she adorable?? We just love her. And miss her. Sigh.
Congrats Chanel and Nick!
I was able to make it to a baby shower for my beloved Gentri dear and saw lots of great friends.

Three of which are prego (really four-we missed you Mel!) Lacey (due sept 12), Gen (due aug 22), and me (due sept 7). I really don't like posting prego pics and I just threw out 3 of them-ugh. But since this is the closest I will ever get to scrapbooking I figure I will probably-hopefully appreciate it one day. So don't spend too long looking at them. Please.

We celebrated the 4th with a BBQ which means lots of playing with cousins.

And we made it to a fun parade. Jake had a lot of fun jumping up and down waving to everyone passing by that he hardly even noticed the candy they were throwing at him. Silly boy.


He took a particular interest in the big red trucks that were in the parade. hmmm....



future firefighter??

Sorry about the lengthyness here, figured I better get posting especially when this is my sorry excuse for a scrapbook. :) We are now just cherishing every little moment we can with our Jakie. I am extremely excited to meet our little girl-but is it possible to love another as much as the first? Or is Jake gonna get put on the backburner? I know people have more than one kid on a daily basis-so am I just nuts to think like this? Probably.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad...I thought the exact same thing about having another baby. Jake won't get put on the backburner! You love him too much:) He is ADORABLE btw and you are a way cute prego lady!

Megan said...

You look so great and I thought the same thing when I was pregnant with Jace. How could I ever love another THIS MUCH?! But you do and it's amazing. You wonder how you ever lived without them!! Congrats to Adam!!!!

Alycia said...

Congrats to Adam--that is awesome! Jake is so dang cute.