what we have once enjoyed we can never lose. all that we love becomes a part of us.

-helen keller

Friday, January 23, 2009


So I know I am waaaay behind in the whole blogging world, but I am pretty sure most of you know why. We have spent the last month or so at the hospital with my dad and family. Rejection from his new lungs he received 7 years ago was kicking in full force. My wonderful dad stuck out a few more weeks to be with us and then he bravely decided that January 10th would be his last day here on earth. They removed the breathing tubes and he peacefully passed away later that evening and returned to his Father in Heaven. We were incredibly saddened to see him go, but are so grateful for the life that he lived, the example he was, and the legacy that he has left. We are especially grateful for the "bonus" seven years of life he was given by his donor.
I just want to tell everyone how much it has meant to my family and I to have such wonderful love and support through this tough time, your prayers were/are felt and appreciated. And a special thanks to Mel and the Snow family for all of your help with Jake, many talks, food, and for being such amazing friends. I don't know how I would get through this life with out you Mel! Thanks again to everyone for EVERYTHING. It has meant so much.


I love you dad, see you soon.

8 comments:

Mel said...

Dang it Brooke. I logged on to your blog & just started bawling when I saw this. I love you. I couldn't do it without you either. I seriously miss you. I went from seeing you almost everyday & now I haven't seen you for a week :( I am coming up to Logan though for Kimalie's baptism so let's for sure get together then I LOVE YOU!!!!

Mel

P.S. I took SO many CUTE pictures of Jakie while I had him! I'll e-mail them to you for sure! Love ya!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Brooke, I'm so sorry. I hope you got the email I sent you. Anyway, I know this must be such a hard time for you. Isn't it so comforting though to know that you'll see him again :)

The Wright Family said...

We are so sorry for your loss. I can't help but think how lucky that Jake and him had the opportunity to get to know one another here on earth! Our prayers are with you guys!

Ali Andrus said...

Brooke... I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Blakely said...

I am so sorry. I have thought about you and your family a lot. I hope you guys are okay.

Kristine said...

Brooke,
I've been thinking about you a lot lately and praying for you and your family. I am so sorry to hear about your dad, and grateful that I got the chance to meet him in college. You are amazing and I'll continue keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
~Kristine

Hayley Neil said...

Brooke I am so sorry. Thank goodness for our knowledge of the gospel and the promise that you will be with your dad again. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

The Thueson's said...

Brooke,

I am so sorry that you are going through this. That would be really rough. It is such a good thing to know that we will see them again one day! I hope your family is doing okay through this. Little Jake is adorable BTW