I wasn't going write this until I got my video of the event posted with it (I can't get it on youtube-is there a special trick?). I am going to tell the story anyway and maybe someday get the video posted for all to see. So here's the story.....Sunday night while I was taking out my contacts and getting ready for bed, I heard some sirens on our street. Didn't think much of them until about third or fourth ones came blarring in our direction. I went to peek out Jake's window and couldn't tell where they had gone. so I shrugged it off. Not one minute later Adam shreiks up the stairs "Our shop's on fire!" Going down the stairs I could just see more and more orange glare from the window. Yup. The hundred year old shop(Adam's parents own it) we were getting ready to remodel for Adam was definitely on fire. Engulfed in flames is more like it. It was the most terrifying feeling to be so close to such a huge and out of control fire. All I felt like doing was grabbing Jake from his bed and running as fast and as far as I could. It was wierd. We were out there until about 1:30am watching them put it out and rip up what was left of the building to make sure there was no more live ashes. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. The fire marshall is still investigating on how it started. They are thinking arsen because there hasn't been any power or gas hooked to the building for years. We have our ideas on what happened but who knows, so we will keep you posted on what we find out. Here are some of the after shots....
5 comments:
OH MY GOSH BROOKEY!! Don't scare me like that! I'm SO freakin glad you guys are ok! That must be so scary. I saw a house burn down once and it was scary but it wasn't close to mine! Man that is sad. I'm sorry! Keep me posted for sure on what they find out! Good Luck! Love you!
Oh sad...and scary!! I'm so sorry :( What a bummer! I'm glad you all are okay!
Oh my word, Brooke! That's awful!!!! Glad it was at night when nobody was there. Thank goodness Adam still has his leg. That would be like double bad. I bet they're all so sad. :( I'm sorry. Thanks for the recipe site!
Cute clock! Do you mind if I add it to my blog? Thanks!
wow...I was feeling warm and fuzzing reading about cute jakie and then scrolling down what a horrific thing to happen out your window! YIKES! Were there a lot of tools, lumber, etc...in there? Hope nothing too costly? sorry:(
Post a Comment