what we have once enjoyed we can never lose. all that we love becomes a part of us.

-helen keller

Sunday, June 26, 2011

coming along


all who know us are well aware that we always have a project going on. the bigger project of the last 4 yrs has been our house, a little bit at a time. we are getting so close that i had to post a pic! we still have little things here and there, but it is starting to feel more and more done! whoop! whoop!
here is a little before:
and a little after:
a little more paint, landscaping and shutters and i will post a final project! thanks to adam for all of his vision and hard work and to all of those who have loaned a helping hand.

lucy is also starting to come along. she has been rolling like crazy and has recently started to get up on her hands and pretty little toes-so cute!
then she figures out how to get to her knees to start rockin. she will be on the move in no time.
we decided we better start enjoying the beauty we are surrounded by-what better way than a hike? jake LOVED it. he just kept going and going without getting tired. he is so tough. what a stud. i love that guy...
lucy liked it a lot too-i think she got pretty worn out...being in the back pack means she has to hold up her head the whole time (its kind of large). i think next time we will bring a pillow to rest her pretty little/big head on.
we love summer!

12 comments:

serra said...

i love the way you write. you make me laugh. just think of all the good memories Lucy is stuffing into that over sized head of hers. seriously cute. And your house looks amazing.

Jennie B. said...

Your house looks incredible! Good job you guys!

The Baldwin's said...

What a great post! I'm still sad I didn't get to stay at that beautiful house!! Miss you Brandt family!

cambersue said...

OH man, I'm so excited to see you guys!!!

Jenni said...

I love watching your house come along! it looks amazing! I think you have the cutest kids I have ever seen. We have been so bad at park day, Julie said summers are crazy for her though, we definantly need to get our kids together and do something though!!

Alycia said...

I love the changes on the house! It looks so good. Lucy is to die for cute! I'm coming in August...we'll have to get together while I'm there. :) Love you, Brookie!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Those hiking pictures are adorable! I can't believe Lucy is about to crawl! You definitely need to post pictures of the inside of your house cause it's AMAZING!

Chelsie Sanders said...

I always look at your house when I drive by and think about how good it is looking! Looks like Lucy will be crawling any day! It was good to see you guys at Summerfeast! We should go to lunch or something soon!

Liz and Calogero said...

Your House looks so good Brooke! Lucy is getting so big she has those adorable Brandt Family peepers :-)
Love you!

Valerie Plowman said...

Your house is looking awesome! I don't remember before pics, so that is fun to see.

Chanel Thompson said...

Okay, it is time for more pics of the kiddos...Auntie Chanel misses you guys! Skype date, soon?

Jennie B. said...

Lucy. Withdrawls. Update. Now.