what we have once enjoyed we can never lose. all that we love becomes a part of us.

-helen keller

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

to you...


a very happy un-birthday to you
sweet mia.
six months ago today, i had no idea what you were about to do to me.
i always thought that i wanted to be an all boy mom.
no idea til after meeting you how little girls are truly
made of sugar and spice and ALL things nice.
no idea that you were all i really ever wanted and needed.
really had no idea how it was possible to fall so hard so fast.
guess it had to be fast.
no idea how something so small could have such a big impact.
no idea that i would have to long for you so soon.
but most of all...
i had no idea how grateful i could be.
thank you for sharing some of you with me.
happy un-birthday sweet mia may.
love,
mommy

13 comments:

Megan said...

Brooke, life isn't fair. It really, really isn't. It's a good thing our earthly life is so short compared to our eternal existance. Dallin and I are still wanting to hang out with you guys. Invite us up whenever you feel like it, we'll be there.

Lindsay said...

She is a sweet angel watching over you! Hope you are doing good. It's nice to read your blog! You are amazing.

Alycia said...

Happy un-birthday Mia May! :) She really is so precious and adorable--perfect. Let's get together soon, the candy in my house is accumulating since Jake hasn't been over in a while! :) Plus, I need some new ideas for recipes and everything else since I can't ask you everyday anymore! Miss ya!

Jennie B. said...

Where did time go? Hopefully it went fast for you too. Happy 6 month Birthay little Mia Maybe Baby!!!! We miss those big yummy cheeks and that itty bitty nose! Thanks for being so perfect! Take care of your mommy....

The Baldwin's said...

Love you Mia! You are so sweet and how unfortunate I never got to kiss those big lovely cheeks and see that beautiful smile...someday we'll meet!! Love you Brookie, you are the best mommy and that's why Mia chose you!!!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Happy 6 month Birthday Sweet Mia May! Brooker you have the most BEAUTIFUL angel looking over you! I miss you and love you and I'm praying for you!

Liz and Calogero said...

Happy 6 month Birthday Mia May you truely stole my heart!
Brooke I love you to death just so you know. It has been to long since I have seen you, be expecting an awkward phone call from me soon.

Unknown said...

Brooke! I am the most terrible blog-checker. I am just wiping all the tears off my cheeks, but after reading all your posts it seems like you have an incredible strength and a strong testimony that is going to take you far. You have a BEAUTIFUL angel watching you. I love you guys. Take care.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I don't know you, but I am in awe of you.. Lots of love.

Mel said...

A VERY Happy Un-Birthday Beautiful Mia May! You are thought of & missed every day! You should be SO proud of your mommy & daddy! They are amazing! They miss you more than words can say, but they are being so strong! Keep watching over them! I love you little Mia!

Love,
Auntie Mel :)

Brandi said...

Six months! Wow, so short but so long too! But nobody could be loved more than your Mia. You are always in our thoughts. Thanks for being great friends. I'm still trying to figure out how to make your pizza. Love you guys!

RIndi said...

Oh Brooke, I'm so sorry. I can't tell you how much my heart goes out to you. I wish I could say something of some substance to show you how much even those you may not think about care and pray for you and your family but I'm just not good at that kind of thing. I've been thinking a lot about your family and wanted to share this talk with you. I'm sure you've read it but it is SO well worded so it might be worth another read. Here's the link: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=00400d034ceae010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD. If that doesn't work, it's Sunday Will Come by Joseph B. Wirthlin. Just search it at LDS.org. What an absolutely beautiful girl Mia is. What a lucky girl you are to have been the one to give her the gift that will make her life eternal.

Lindsay said...

So sweet. What an angel! I'm sure she is loving you more than you can imagine! We sure love you guys!