i can't begin to tell you how grateful we are for all of the support we have recieved in the last three days. i can not believe all of the people that have come out of the woodworks to show us they care. all of the food, flowers, gifts, letters, calls, texts, comments, hugs and especially the prayers. we feel them. we need them. whether i know you, kind of know you or don't even know you at all please know that i feel your love and that we so appreciate the gestures, they mean so much. even though they don't take the pain completely away, they give me reassurance that there is a chance. they give me hope. hope that i may be able to keep breathing. to keep going. to try and pick myself of the floor so that i can work to see my baby again. to hold her and to love her in my arms and kiss her beautiful cheeks. i know that my Heavenly Father loves me and that he has sent His faithful servants our way by way of all the food, flowers, gifts, letters, calls, texts, comments, hugs and especially the prayers. we thank each of you. i know that He loves me, and each of us because of His plan. through His loving and faithful son, Jesus Christ, He has made it possible for us to see our loved ones again. because He has made this possible, i know He loves me. i have never considered myself strong in any way, especially spiritually. but there is no way to deny the spirit that has so lovingly showered our home in the last three days. i need it.
although i know where my mia is, in my dark moments i have the tendancy to slip back into horrific trips of guilt and what ifs. and i wonder- if it was mia's time to go why didn't He just come and get her? why did it have to happen like this? why do i have to feel like i could have prevented it? saved her? i have (and espcially adam has) prayed that i be comforted and that i may know that this would have happened regardless of what i did or did not do. that is was time for mia to go back to her Heavenly Father. i feel that He has answered these prayers in small ways. i feel He has sent people our way to tell us of similar experiences. one in particular, was of a family that had their perfectly healthy baby in their arms and saw their baby slip away, called for help right then and still were not able help. Heavenly Father just came and got their baby. the medical examiners had mia for awhile after to do tests, they even came and took things from the house-her last bottle, all of her bedding, and took lots of pictures. they have yet to find a cause of death. they haven't even found definate proof that she may have suffocated. they tell us usually these types of things are obvious. maybe He did just come and get her. that there was nothing i could do. His plan is greater than mine. He knows what He is doing. we may have no idea what it is right now, especially as i ache for my baby, but someday we will know. it will make sense.
i needed to get that all down in writing so that when i do slip back into my dark moments i can prove to myself that at some point i did know this.
27 comments:
I read about your story on the Tripp's blog, and my heart broke. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
It was Mia's time, she was too perfect to need to be tried by all the heart ache and pain that we suffer here on this earth. She couldn't have become any better. She was perfect. I feel her purpose was to make us better. She has done that and continues to do that still. Keep trusting Him Brooke. You are such a strength to me. You can do this, otherwise it wouldn't have been asked of you. Thanks for sharing so much of your thoughts and experiences. It strengthens me. I only hope that I can be such a strength to you. Keep clinging to the light, from that you will grow. We love you!
Bree
I know I left a comment yesterday, but there is something else I just felt like I wanted to tell you. First of all, I think it is a great thing that you write down all of your feelings. Keeping everything inside always seems to make things worse…at least for me. Letting it out can keep you sane. I know I appreciate your willingness to share. Like I said before, your words are such a great example. Second, I wanted to share with you a conclusion that I have come to over the last couple of years that has helped me a little…I hope it will help you. A couple of years ago I went through a divorce. I know it is nothing compared to this, but I still went through months of pain and anguish. I thought about all of the things I could’ve done different, all of the promptings I missed or mistook for meaning something else. I thought for the longest time that it was all my fault; that life would’ve turned out differently if I had done something right somewhere. Everyone kept telling me that it happened for a reason and that there is nothing I could’ve done; no way I could’ve known. But I kept thinking…”how can this be meant to be? I just didn’t listen somewhere; I wasn’t paying enough attention.” The conclusion I’ve come to is this…maybe you and I did have promptings that we missed, and maybe we were supposed to. These horrible things would’ve happened regardless, but maybe we’re supposed to have this feeling of “I should’ve listened better” so that we recognize it the next time something happens and we are supposed to do something to change it. The Lord would never have left your baby’s life in your hands like that. He would never make it your fault. He has the power to do anything, and if it wasn’t her time to return to Him, then He wouldn’t have let her. I believe that the reason we are left with any sort of contradicting feelings is 1) because we’re human. We don’t understand everything perfectly, so we’re never just going to be okay when something like this happens, and 2) the Lord wants us to learn something from every situation so that we can continually grow and get better. Anyway, these thoughts have really helped me to put some of my unnecessary guilt behind me; I hope they can do the same for you. I’m sure you will have many ups and downs over the months to come; you’ll have light times and dark times. The key is to force yourself to hold to the light times during the all-consuming dark. It is clear that there are so many people who love you, including our Heavenly Father. No one could think this was your fault. None of us have the ability to stop bad things from happening when we are blindsided by them. You did everything you could, and all I can think about after reading your posts is how great of a mother you must be, and how much you deeply love your family. Take care and remember, everything “comes to pass”…it never “comes to stay”. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.
Ashley
Brooke,
I hope you continue to grow strong and have faith in knowing she was a perfect little angel that fulfilled her calling early.
This has rocked my world. I stayed up all night, I was so upset. I've never experienced a loss like this before, and having a daughter of my own has really shaken me.
I only hope to be as strong as you one day, to KNOW that things will be ok.
I know we havent talked, but I am offering anything you need. I would love to be able to help you if you need it. To talk, cry, anything at all.
Your little family will be ok. And thanks so much for letting me read such personal things happening in your life.
-Lili
801-755-8532
Brooke, This is Lindsay Reed from High School. I know that it is random to hear from me since I haven't talked to you in years but I had to write to you and tell you how much I am thinking of you. I heard about what happened with your sweet little baby and you have been on my mind constantly for the past day since I heard. I have been praying so hard for you! I cant imagine what you are going through, it breaks my heart. Looking at your blog and seeing pictures of your children I cannot believe how beautiful each of them are. What a darling family you have. I have loved reading about your family and all of your thoughts. You have given me hope and strength as I have contemplated about my own trials. Your example and strength is amazing. It has given me hope that no matter what happens in this life our father in heaven has a plan for each of us. By the things you have said little Mia sounded like a perfect little angel sent to your family and she is so so beautiful! What a blessing to be able to have one of our Heavenly fathers most precious children for the time you did. I know that you will find strength and comfort through this and I am sorry you had to experience such pain. Just know that many people are praying for you and your family.
Brookey & Adam,
I have been reading all of these posts & not knowing what to say. Once again I wish I had those magic words for you, but I don't. I just want to tell you that you are SO much stronger than you give yourself credit for. You are absolutely touching SO many people with your thoughts & your testimony. You are changing people's lives Brookey. That is another purpose of your sweet Mia. She came here to change people's lives. She has changed mine I know that. I love you. I wish my arms were around you right now. I will be there soon. It WAS Mia's time to go & looking back you know deep down that the Lord has been preparing you for this in small & quiet ways. He has been preparing you for the day that he came back to get your sweet little angel. & Brooke, he DID. He just came for her. No matter WHAT they say, no matter what science proves, I TRULY believe that our Heavenly Father & loved ones come back to get these perfect little spirits. I love you. All 4 of you.
I don't think you know me but, but I came across your blog and wanted to express how sincerely sorry I am for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you and your family must be going through. Your story truly touched both me and my husband. At the very least, you know that your sweet baby is happy and safe and watching over you and your family. Your strength is amazing, and you are a great example for other women who may go through this. You and your family are in our prayers. Even though you don't know me, don't hesitate to let me know if I can do anything at all for you.
I am Erin Richardsons sister, Sara and I don't even feel worthy to comment on your blog. I may not know you but my heart goes out to you and your family right now. I have shed many tears on your behalf and just wanted you to know that you are not alone and you are in many of our thoughts and prayers. You are right, Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and sweet Mia must have been needed up above. You are a strength and example to so many and remember that somehow the Lord never gives us more than we can handle. You and your sweet family will get through this and you will be stronger as a result. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, as you are touching many lives and reminding us of what truly matters. Your family will continue to be in our prayers.
MY sweet friend Brooke, my heart has ached ever since I talked to Mel. I am sorry that I haven't called or let you know that I was thinking about you. I just didn't know what to say. As I have looked at Mia's picture you really can tell how happy and loved and sweet and perfect and special she was. Please know that my heart is with you and that I care so much about you. Mia really is one of our Heavenly Father's special children and he needed her. Thank you for sharing your stories it shows me what I have known since I first met you so many years ago. You are strong so strong and Heavenly Father trusted you with one of his most choice children. It makes my heart so happy to know that you will see you sweet Mia again. I love you! Jess
Hey Brooke, it's Rachel Harris from the old neighborhood. My mom told me what happened and I absolutely had to find a way to say how truly sorry I am. I know we haven't kept in touch over the years but you have always struck me as such an amazing person and I think you probably need to hear that right now. Reading through your last few blog posts I can't help but cry at what you and your husband are going through, no parent should have to experience the loss of a child. But you have also shown such amazing strength! Your testimony and love for Heavenly Father is just amazing to read, especially at a time like this.
Mia is a beautiful, sweet girl and I know you'll be with her again! She had an amazing few months on earth with her loving family and I'm sure she'll be watching over all of you until you can join her in heaven. My mom and I are always here for you and your family, please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help in any way. Your're in my prayers xx
Brooke,
I am in tears as I read your sweet words and testimony shared about Mia. Both of my boys were sleeping as I started reading and I couldn't help but get up and check on them and then came back to finish reading. I don't think there are any words I could share that someone hasn't already commented with so I thought I'd share my testimony with you so during those "dark moments" you might possibly be able to find comfort in mine. What special people you and Adam are to be able to be the vessel for such a special Daughter of God; to help her come to this Earth and to fulfill her mortal mission in such a short time. What great worth Heavenly Father sees in you two and what strength he has blessed your family with, knowing this was coming one day. Imagine the hurt and excitement He must have felt at the same time. He knew He was going to cause such pain in your hearts just to receive His special daughter again... but He knew you would be strong enough to endure this pain as long as you stay close to His Son; The Savior of all his children no matter the age. You and I both know Jesus Christ lives and so does Mia thanks to Heavenly Father's plan of the perfect Atonement. Prophets of old and new have all testified that there is a Christ, he did come to this life as a perfect Son of God, ministered unto those around him, teaching us the perfect example of how to live our lives and how to love one another and also taught us how to return unto Him and Heavenly Father as he gave His life for all of us whether we accept His offering or not. Luckily you have accepted His Atonement in your lives because your family is being comforted beyond the realms of family and friends around you. I know that comfort of the Holy Ghost will constantly be with you as your family continues to grow and as you and Adam keep and honor your covenants. Your children will also be blessed by having Mia as their sister. They will learn many life lessons and also strengthen their testimonies as you teach them about her and her example. I pray that the memory of Mia will always stay strong in your heart so you can use this moment to bless those around you as you have done for some many reading your blog. You make us all want to appreciate our children more, love our children more, and more importantly trust in Heavenly Father's plan no matter the circumstances and whether you have answers for it or not. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of what you and your family is going through and showing us a great example of faith. I will always remember your words and sweet Mia... even though I have never met her.
Stay strong!
Love,
Jamie (Hansen) Rothe
*Hopefully you remember me*
Brooke and Adam,
I am a friend of the Snow family. I read about your Mia on the Tripps blog. I just want to say that my heart goes out to you guys during this time. I am also so touched by what a strong testimony you have. Thank you for that.
Brooke,
You probably don't know who I am, I went to high school with you as well. I just wanted to let you know that your sweet family is in our prayers. I truly appreciate and it seems that many others do to, your willingness to share your feelings at this time. What a great example of faith your family is. We will continue to pray for the Lord's strength and comfort to be with you.
With love,
Jennifer (McInnes) Hull
You are such a strong girl, Brooke. Mike and I haven't stopped thinking about you and praying for you. I can't tell you how much your testimony has strengthened mine. I'm so sorry for this awful trial your family is suffering through, but I too believe it was for a reason and know that Heavenly Father has Mia safely in his loving arms. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and most importantly your faith. You and Mia have already touched the lives of so many people and will continue to do so.
Brooke,
You don't know me either, my family knows your family somehow. My sister told my dad about your blog and I looked it up for him. I want you to know how sorry I am for your loss. You are amazing to be able to record all of this and I can promise that you will cherish every word you wrote in the last few days. When I was 26, nearly 6 years ago I told my husband I thought something big was coming. Something bad was going to happen and I didn't know what we had 3 little boys at the time. One night while I was saying my prayers my spirit said "I know I can do it whatever is with thy help I can make it through this." I was caught off gaurd by what I said. Two weeks later my husband went to work and a few hours later after midnight a knock came to the door. My husband had been killed at work and there was nothing I could do. No way to save him, no way to prevent it or take it back it was over instantly and my life has never been the same. I found out I was pregnant the next day with my 4 baby. A son that would carry the name of his daddy that he never met. I promise you that the only way to survive the nightmare you are living is the Atonement and faith. The Atonement works over and over, everyday you need relief ask Christ to take your pain, and although you still feel it he can ease it. I testify of this. I have a great greif group that the kids and I still attend. They admit children 3 and up, but there is usally a waiting list so you could get on that and when your son is 3 you should be able to get in. It is called The Sharing Place and it is by far the best in the state. If you have any questions you can email me. jjjjboys@msn.com Again I am sorry and I will pray for you. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful, what a blessing to have her forever.
Sincerely,
Julie Edmunds Jorgensen Toone
Hi Brooke.
I am heartbroken for you and your family. I am just in tears reading this. What a devastating experience. You are in my prayers. I'm sorry, Brooke.
Your baby is beautfiul.
Love,
Lisa (Hansen) Edstrom
Dear Adam & Brooke-
I am a FF/PM with UFA, and heard about your family from Jeremy Robertson. I read thru your blog, and wanted to reach out to you. I am so grateful for your faith and testimonies. My wife, Wendy & I both lost siblings in their first year of life when we were young. I know your faith will see you through, and time does ease the pain. You have shared an amazing testimony of the truthfulness of eternal life, and have strengthened mine again. Thank you! If we can help in any way, please don't hesitate (I would be happy to cover a shift or two for you). You are in our hearts and prayers!
Cliff Burningham
Riverton-UT & St#104
Brooke, Adam and Jake,
Thank you for allowing us to be with you during the beautiful services today. Brooke, as a mother like you, I commend you so deeply for your strength and resolve. You are beautiful. You are a great example to me and so many. Our love and hearts and prayers will always be with you. You have a beautiful eternal family. You always will. Little Mia will be missed so much, but she will never be gone. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Thank you for being great friends. We love you.
Adam, our prayers are with you and your family. As we read your blog we cant' help but to weep for you. We love you dearly and your wife is so strong and we are touched by her faith to keep fighting. God bless you and again we LOVE you guys so much.
Station 118
UFA
Brooke & Adam,
I was so sorry to come across your tragic news on the hjnews website today. I went to school with Adam, and think he is such a great guy. I ran in to him about a year and a half ago and he told me about your family blog. I could see how proud he was of his special family. Since then I've checked in here and there, though it's been a while. This I'm sure is a very hard and challenging time. Stay strong as a family, and remember she is being adored the same in the Heavenly arms of her Father In Heaven. Our thoughts and love are with you. Love, the Johnson's
Brooke and Adam,
I am Mel Tripp's sister-in-law and have been so touched by all that you have written. I have 3 close friends who have lost babies, and I know just a taste of the heartache that you must be feeling. That darling daughter will forever be an angel in your life--watching over you and her siblings. And how sweet a reunion it will be when you see her again!!! You are an example to all of us mothers. Thanks so much for your sweet testimony of the atonement. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
kamie miyasaki
Brooke & Adam,
This is Lindsay (Driggs) Neff and I just had to tell you how much your strength has already strengthened my testimony. The peace you have and the strength of your eternal family has brought so much emotion into my heart the past few days. I admire you both SO much and I just want you to know that my family and I all love you and your family very much. Thank you for being such amazing examples to me, you have no idea how much your family means to us! You are continually in our thoughts and prayers.
~Lindsay Neff
My heart breaks for you. You may find some comfort in these blogs. I have followed them since my mom died suddenly this year.
http://jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com/
http://www.agoodgrief.com/
May peace come and soften the ache that will never go away.
You two are amazing!!! I was watching you both during the viewing, funeral & graveside service & was admiring how strong you both are!!! That was confirmed to me...when I saw Mia's daddy want to participate in laying Mia down to rest in her grave!!! Adam you are amazing!!! I was also impressed at how strong both of your families were!!! They were there... standing strong behind you... giving you both strength & comfort!!! Brooke I will never forget how I came to share my condolences with you & Adam & how quickly you were consoling me & teaching me of the plan of salvation!!! I felt a little mixed up...I wasn't expecting that!!! What a strong mother you are!!! I will never forget both of your strength!!! P.S. I must admit that your Mia's funeral has been the biggest healing for me in my whole grieving process!!! To witness the positive & loving atmosphere that you both provided...for everyone in attendance was amazing!!! Every baby funeral I have ever gone to has been sooo terribly sad!!! Your Mia's funeral was different!!! I felt "HOPE" & a definite feeling of "LOVE" I commend you both...in the strength...& love that you showed!!!
Love, John & Becky Poppleton
Oh Brooke,
My heart has just been aching for you and your family since I heard of Mia's passing. You have been in my constant thoughts and prayers. I just want you and Adam to know how much I admire you. The funeral was absolutely beautiful. No wonder such a perfect little girl came to such an amazing couple. Your strength and testimony has strengthened mine more than you will ever know. Ever since I worked with you Brooke, you have taught me so many things about life without even realizing it. I have always admired the relationship you have had with Adam and since finding your blog I have been amazed at what wonderful parents the two of you are. If there is anything at all that I can do please do not hesitate to email me or call.
susie.losee@gmail.com or 435-225-4086. Families are forever!
-Susie Clark-
I found your blog through a friend of mine Jessica Whitaker.. I just cried when I read your posts. You have incredible strength... I am beyond sorry for your loss. I wish I could find an ounce of comfort to provide you. But what a wonderful blessing we have as members of the church. I will pray for you & all the hearts that love Mia.. Take care & may God Bless you so much.. with all you stand in need of... - Shaylynn
Thinking of you. Praying for you. Loving you. N
Post a Comment