what we have once enjoyed we can never lose. all that we love becomes a part of us.

-helen keller

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Yeah...

We are still around. Not only have we been too busy soaking up the summer, but my computer AND internet are really struggling lately. I can't even add a pic to this post (boring) and I am typing as fast as I can before one or both will give out on me. So I promise I have attempted to post on more than one occasion....
Quick updates-Jake is cuter than ever. His 2 year check went well-he got an A+ from the doc and is right on with everything. He is so much stinkin fun his mommy and daddy can hardly stand it. We are always giggling at his funny actions and words. Some of our favs are:
Corno(no idea what this means but he says it a lot and we like it)
I made it! (comes out more like mememakeit!) he says this if he knows he attempted something hard
Gal-gone (all gone) the lip action on this one is full blown-so cute
He likes to sit on the potty before bathtime (and actually goes half the time) but I don't think we're quite ready for the training scene
Loves loves loves trucks and tractors and listens for them outside-especially the barbage ones (garbage)
Can snort like a pig REALLY well and thoroughly enjoys himself while at it.
Is sleeping in a big boy bed and loving it (thanks to the tractor pillow-he thinks it is sooo cool) after some rough nights to say the least-he lost his poor little voice because mom made him cry it out. That was hard-but his smoker voice that lasted the whole next week was sure fun.
He is just so smart and helpful-he amazes us everyday. He is going to be a great big brother and I think his little sister is the luckiest girl in the world to have someone like Jake to look after her.
Speaking of girl, my doc agreed to wait until the 9th for our c-section (he wanted to take her on the 1st-like 3 days away! yikes!). I know, I know that sounds crazy to be offered to go early and not take it, but I really feel like I still have things that I need to do before she comes. This pregnancy has been really quite mellow and I am feeling great-so what is another week to feel more ready and to have a sweet birthdate?? Soooo unless something drastic happens between now and then (pretty unlikely-I am at complete zeros all around) we will introduce our new little one on 9/9/09! yay!
Sorry for the boring, pictureless length here-just some thoughts I felt I should get out...that is if anyone even reads this far-I usually don't without pics:)

6 comments:

Megan said...

I read it all!..and loved it! Sounds like your life is pretty amazing right now!! Bentley still says 'barbage' hahha. It's so cute the way they talk! And yay for baby girl!! What an awesome birthday!!!! I can't believe you are already ready to have her. Crazy how fast time goes!! Can't wait to hear how everything goes and see pics of your growing family. :)

Anonymous said...

Your little boy sounds adorable. I'm so excited for your family to have a little one in just a few days. How exciting! My little sisters birthday is 8-8-88. We all still think it's pretty cool. Good luck with the new little one. I can't wait to see pictures!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Well, I read the whole thing and you kept me wanting more, even without the pictures!! You are cute, Jake is a doll face, even though you couldn't upload any doll face pictures! I am so excited for you and your new little baby girl!

The Wright Family said...

That IS a great birthday, even Miley would agree! :)

Chelsie Sanders said...

Yahoo I can't wait!!! I miss you! Call me when you have time and I'll come over and visit you! Good Luck!

cambersue said...

that is pretty cool jake is 7-7-07 and your little suzy Q 9-9-09! i am so excited to see her beautiful face!
oh...miss you guys.