what we have once enjoyed we can never lose. all that we love becomes a part of us.

-helen keller

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This little guy...


is just the best ever. I absolutely can not get enough of him. The poor thing just gets smothered in hugs and kisses all day long by his mother. Gotta take advantage while he's not embarassed by it right? Here are some fun facts about our little Jake...
He is quite a picky eater-but his favs are veggies-especially broccoli and peas.
Loves to share. Even if you aren't interested.

He LOVES nursery. Doesn't even realize mom and dad have gone and always has a mouthful to talk about afterwards. Sometimes it even interupts his after church nap because he just stays up in his crib babbling on about his day in nursery.

He enjoys taking off his socks to search for any jam.

Is learning new words everyday. Some of his favs: daa (dad), no no no no no, puppy, and juice.

He has a really good buddy in his puppy kogi (Kodi). They can keep each other entertained for minutes. Which in their time is like hours.

Thinks he is something else when he wears these cool boots gramma gave him...

He absolutely ADORES his dad. He loves it when daa comes home and just lights up when Adam is in the room.

Is actually very proud of his daa right now because he is now a fireman! Yeah-little side note. We found out a few days ago that Adam made it through testing with UFA (Unifed Fire Authority) and is going to be a fire fighter for them (special thanks to Calegero and Liz:))we are so excited and proud of him!

He loves to play with his toys and read books. His favs are his horse, tools and tool bench, blocks, and any of his books.

Loves to help out in any way possible. He helps mom do dishes, clean the floor, and cook dinner. He especially likes it if it is a little warm outside so we can go out in the garage and help dad.

He is also very excited to be a big brother. He loves babies and he will have a little baby to help out with about September 8th!! :)

16 comments:

The Staples Fam said...

Congrats Brooke! That is very exciting. I think there will be many babies coming around that time! How fun.. hope you haven't been too sick :( Yay for you guys!

Megan said...

AAAAAHHHH!! VERY clever Brooke!! CONGRATS!!!!

Jennie B. said...

I had an odd feeling this might happen soon! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is so great! I can't imagine having a second. I'm nervous. Are you scared? Probably so excited because you are such a great mommy! Congrats Adam! You hunk a burnin love! (Get it? Burnin?)

Kristine said...

WoW! That's so exciting- congratulations! That was such a cute post about Jake. He and Grant seem a lot alike! Good job to Adam on becoming a fireman!

The Baldwin's said...

I've been waiting for this big revealing! I love that we can be fat together this summer and just sit and swim, seriously we're making a date for that:) Congrats Adam, I'm so proud of you, that is so neat and what a heroic job! Brooke, I'm gonna call you soon and check up on you, hope you've been feeling ok with that baby boy and all :)

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Holy cow! Congrats! I'm super behind on the having babies thing! That's ok... I have lots of friends to turn to for advice when I become a mama :) Well, I'm very happy for you and Adam! Congrats again!

Lacey Tait said...

Oh my goodness Brooke! That is just so exciting, i'm so happy for you! That's so funny cause you are due just 4 days before me! This is going to be so fun!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! That is so exciting. Congratulations!!!!

Liz and Calogero said...

Yeah the BIG reveal I am so excited for both you and Adam we need to have a celebratory dinner for all of the awesome blessing in your life right now!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!! I have to agree with our friends you are such a great mom! That is also so exciting about Adam!!! Yay!! I'm so happy for you!

Alycia said...

Congrats again! I am so excited for you! You are the cutest mom!

Blakely said...

I am so excited that you want to host a chocolate party! I will come into the branch to talk to you soon. Thank you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm so glad it is out. CONGRATS you two. :)

Chelsie Sanders said...

Yahoo!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I'm so excited for you!!! He is so adorable I bet you like like to have 20 of him!!

Jennie B. said...

Hey Brookie! I just added you! Love ya!

The Wright Family said...

Talk about side notes! : ) yeah! I had Miley on Sept 9th, so that means you should be finding out what you're having very soon! CONGRATS!!